Are you kind, compassionate and caring? Do you have a real heart for care? Are you looking to join a friendly, family run care home? Then please read on as you may be the person we are looking for.
Apex Care Homes are looking to recruit Care Assistants for Alicia Care Home, we currently have day and night shifts available to start ASAP.
Alicia Care Home is one of four homes with five units in Bedford and Luton, offering both residential and nursing care for a wide cross section of needs including; Mental Health, Learning Disability, Dementia Learning Disability and Dementia Physical Disability for people both under and over 65. The quality of care we provide is central to our family owned and run organisation.
Care Assistants play a major part in creating a happy and caring atmosphere and is involved in a wide range of general caring duties and services to those within our care. Some of the main duties of the care assistant are:
- To ensure that Service Users care is provided in a pleasant, homely and safe environment.
- To help Service Users who need assistance with washing, toileting, dressing and undressing.
- To help Service Users who have limited mobility making the best use of aids provided.
- To assist in the control of incontinence, providing comfort and dignity.
- To assist in giving mental and physical stimulation to Service Users by talking to them and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
- To respond to emergency bells, answer the door and telephone.
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms and do light cleaning, including the emptying and cleaning of commodes and waste bins.
- To feed Service Users who need help, lay tables and trays, serve meals, wash up, prepare light meals, clear and tidy dining room(s).
- To check, mend, and launder Service Users clothing.
- To report any suspected/alleged abuse to the person in charge and follow the SOVA procedure.
- To follow approved hand–over procedures at the end of each duty session.
- Enable the Service Users to achieve greater independence and dignity by offering them an appropriate level of assistance and supporting them to develop self-care skills.
- To escort Service Users on outings and holidays.
- To make visitors welcome, to offer refreshments and any assistance they may require.
- To read and receive reports. To participate in staff and service user meetings
- To attend training sessions as directed by the company. Staff are encouraged to take up CFQ and expected to meet a minimum of CFQ in Health and Social Care Level 2.
- Become familiar with policies and procedures and to follow them at all times.
In return we offer 36 hours per week with a salary of £7.83 to 8.50 per hour. We have Healthcare Benefits Plan, Bonus scheme, Pension and enhanced holidays available.
Experience is preferred, however, if you have a genuine passion and heart for care we are willing to offer training to the right candidates.
Ideally you will possess a CQF/QCF in Care or willingness to study for it.
If you believe you have the right skills, experience but more importantly the heart and passion for this role then please apply today, we are waiting to hear from you!
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.