Working on behalf of an award-winning Chartered firm of financial planning experts who offer tailored advice in the fields of Employee Benefits, Wealth Management, Pensions and Auto Enrolment, we are seeking a Financial Planner to join the desk-based team wealth management team.
Their senior management team have worked together for many years, providing cohesive leadership and direction and have a team of highly qualified consultants and advisers who offer a wealth of experience in pension and employee benefit consultancy, with many being pension transfer specialists. Given their history and experience in helping organisations on the design and implementation of employee benefit programmes, they also now play a part in auto enrolment.
Our client are extremely proud of their prestigious Chartered status, awarded by the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII).
Through expansion in the business, you will be joining a team of 2 other Financial Planners and initially be responsible for providing telephone advice on Bulk Transfers.
You will be reporting to the Desk Based Financial Planning Manager, writing business in accordance with processes laid down by the Company and although will be focusing mainly on Pensions (transfers, Increase Exchange Options, “at retirement planning”) you will also be advising on all aspects of financial planning.
You will be working as part of a team, able to manage a large number of cases and be expected to introduce business to other specialist advisers where appropriate. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct telephone meetings with identified individuals of Group Schemes to identify financial planning needs
- Conduct telephone or face to face meetings with bulk exercise members for transfer and pension increase exchange exercises
- Participate in ‘bulk exercises’ particularly around defined benefit schemes
- Write suitability reports for all bulk exercise business
- Conduct member presentations for bulk exercises where required
- Conduct periodic reviews with individual clients as agreed with the client
- Attend meetings at client’s premises from time to time to deliver advice and demonstrate the services of the Financial Planning Team
- Generate interest for and introduce other Company specialists to prospects where appropriate both at 1st meetings and subsequently wherever possible
- Attend prospect corporate and individual prospect meetings
During your work, you will ensure that the following is being adhered to at all times:
- Be compliant in all activities in accordance with regulations and standards of the Company and the FCA
- Meet continuing professional development objectives as required by the FCA
- Meet all KPIs as laid down by the Company for Desk Based Financial Planners
- Comply with all P&D requirements of Creative for the role
- Maintain appropriate skills and knowledge in order to provide specialist, professional independent financial advice in all relevant business areas.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. Holding the Advanced Diploma, or working towards Chartered status, would be highly advantageous. It is essential that you have a minimum of 6 months providing Holistic Financial Advice.
You will be a service driven and results orientated adviser, able to write business in accordance with targets laid down by the Company, whilst being committed, organised, and able to work on own and as part of team with delegation to appropriate support staff (Paraplanners and administrators). You will be able to remain Professional at all times with prospects, clients and colleagues, being a good communicator, able to deal with employees from a wide range of backgrounds.
It is essential you are also capable of competently using MS Office packages including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Although predominantly being telephone based, there will be the occasion to go out and meet clients face to face, mainly at their premises.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to kick-start a successful career, with a company that recognise and reward hard work and success, able to provide further training and support to develop a progressive and successful career.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.