My client specialises in providing high quality, personal and social care for people of all dependencies and disabilities. They help preserve their service users independence and dignity of living at home through the provision of professionally trained care staff.
My client is now looking to recruit Domiciliary Care Support Workers to join their dedicated team.
Reporting to the Registered Manager you will be part of a Caring team providing care (personal, social and emotional) and supporting my clients service users overall wellbeing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all the Service Users are treated fairly and as an individual with respect and dignity.
- To carry out personal care and other tasks as specified in the Service User’s Person Centred Care Plan, encouraging the service user where possible to be independent e.g. washing and dressing to a high standard in accordance with CareCo’s policies and procedures.
- To contribute to accurate and detailed record keeping whilst maintaining the Service Users privacy and dignity in accordance the CareCo’s policies and procedures.
- Where appropriate, under the guidance of the management, liase with Service User’s relatives, G.P and other health professionals contributing to care, in order to promote good communication and quality of service.
- To attend training as required by the management to improve personal skills and knowledge.
- To be aware of changes in the Service Users general, emotional and mental health and wellbeing, to take appropriate steps following CareCo’s policies and procedures
- To contribute to the Service Users Person Centred Care Plan and to take part in the reassessment of Service Users care needs, by informing the office of any changes.
- Where required, to take responsibility for the Service User’s financial affairs, i.e. shopping. To ensure that full and accurate records of transactions are kept for inspection and that adequate security for Service User’s monies and valuables is maintained.
- To be aware of Service User’s spiritual needs and by liaison with the Service User, their relatives, friends and advisors, try to ensure that these needs are met to the Service User’s satisfaction.
- To be aware of the Service Users need to develop and/or maintain social activities and individual social networks. By liaison with the Service User, their relatives, friends, professionals and other organisations, try to ensure that the Service User is enabled to fulfil these needs to their satisfaction.
- Undertake simple domestic tasks and additional duties as identified by the Senior Carer / Manager with due attention to Health & Safety Legislation and appropriate hygiene standards
- To report any ‘Safeguarding’ issues to the office and follow the relevant procedures and guidelines.
- To attend supervisions and staff meetings as required.
Skills & Experience
- We are looking for a confident, reliable individual who has a passion for care work.
- Previous experience is not essential as full training will be given.
- A commitment to on-going training and personal development and to undertake all mandatory training.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Full (UK) driving licence and vehicle.
- Must have a positive disposition and lead by example.
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to care work.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with our service users, service users family members, work colleagues and other health professionals.
- Must have a person centered approach.
- The ability to use own initiative, working both independently and as part of a team.
Applicants must be over 18 and be willing to apply to the DBS for an enhanced Disclosure Certificate and provide two references. Email to [email protected] quoting ref CW356