Clark James are working on behalf of a world leading design and manufacturer of new equipment, refurbishment machinery and ancillary products primarily for the food processing and confectionary industries who are seeking a HR Advisor.
Our client, with a turnover of over £10+million, has recently relocated to a multi-million-pound new factory to further its growth plans as a highly reputable supplier to blue chip companies worldwide.
Working as HR Advisor, you will be reporting to the Sales and Finance Director responsible for leading and delivering a professional HR service across the Company’s group. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Absence Management – Support managers with any issues relating to employee absence management, long term illness, counselling and any other associated issues.
- Employee Engagement – Play the role as ‘change agent’ within the formal workplace relations environment, driving forward initiatives which focus on creating an engaged workforce.
- Reward management – Work alongside Company Directors to ensure reward and benefits packages remain competitive within the Industry.
- Performance management – To develop, challenge and drive change towards a performance management culture, including goal setting, feedback, development of employees, reward and recognition.
- Disciplinary and Grievances – Support managers in the implementation of disciplinary and grievance procedures as required, ensuring that statutory / company policies and procedures are followed in a fair and reasonable manner, including right of representation and appeal.
- Manage and Lead Company Works Council – Encourage and maintain sound employee relations by undertaking all necessary consultation and negotiation with Works Council employee representatives.
- Recruitment – Deliver all necessary Human Resources planning, recruitment and selection procedures to ensure the Company employs people of the right calibre, skills and experience to deliver the Company objectives.
- Company Inductions – Responsible for Inducting New Starters, ensuring all necessary documentation is complete, training plans are in place.
- Apprentice Recruitment & Development – Responsible for managing Apprentice Recruitment, working alongside colleges, Apprentice Champions to ensure future training and development plans, ensure Apprentice Pay complies with current legislation.
- Training and Development – Responsible for prioritising training needs across the site, designing training plans and championing the talent management process ensuring talented individuals are spotted early. Also managing regular employee requirements for mandatory training (e.g. forklift, safety passport, etc)
- Employee Appraisals – Facilitate and drive the annual appraisals forward. Ensuring that all employees have an appraisal with their line manager and any actions arising are completed. Ensure that objectives are set for every employee.
- Succession Planning – Work alongside Company Directors/ Managers to develop employee skills matrixes, bridge skills gap with a view of long term succession planning.
- Transactional work – Provide support to the Accounts/Payroll department on any pay related issues (e.g. sick pay, unpaid leave, holiday pay etc). Review Policies & procedures and update Company Handbook as required. Maintain employee records and personnel files. Issue and review contracts of employment.
- Communication – Issue internal notices, arrange and facilitate team briefs and publish Company newsletters
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR candidate to join a family run, successful, professional and growing establishment. Ideally you will have experience of working within a manufacturing environment and you MUST be CIPD qualified, minimum level 5.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.