Clark James are seeking a highly professional Mortgage and Protection Adviser who is CAS status to cover Surrey and Berkshire, responsible for providing members of the military and their families with a mortgage and protection advice service of the highest quality.
You will be delivering a targeted number of appointments per day to ensure volumes are maximised, whilst delivering an outstanding service to members consistently and making suitable recommendations for mortgage products on a ‘Whole of Market’ basis and protection products from our selected panel of leading UK providers. You will work to achieve personal income production target to drive a positive contribution to the Society and deliver growth in member numbers and product holdings.
Main duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Attain and maintain professional competency through Continuous Professional Development
- Operate in a low risk environment, delivering the highest standards of professional advice and maximising Mortgage, Protection (life, CIC and IP) and ancillary product sales
- Operate in a defined geographical area, aligned to military installations and Police forces/Police Federations, delivering a high quality, personable face to face advice service for the affinities we serve
- Operate in a competent and compliant manner in accordance with guidelines issued by the FCA and in accordance with the standards laid down by the Group T&C Scheme
- Gather sufficient information to identify the needs of clients, to undertake the relevant research and analysis such that appropriate recommendations can be made
- Construct suitable Mortgage and Protection solutions for clients specific to their needs and ensuring solutions are affordable for each member / customer
- Complete suitability reports and all supporting documentation in a clear, accurate and timely manner to the standards expected by the business, the lenders and providers
- Identify protection needs associated with mortgage enquiries, ensuring members/customers are fully protected and appropriate levels of cross-sold protection sales are made
- Identify, generate and develop opportunities with existing and potential members/customers by actively seeking referrals
- Actively develop new business opportunities by working with local Forces Financial Mutual Advisers and the Company’s Relationship team to drive up the number of mortgage clinics being delivered into both affinities and that these lead to new mortgage sales
- Ensure that all market, technical and regulatory knowledge is kept up to date
- Undertake both internal and external business presentations at the request of Management
- Achieve performance levels, across a broad range of KPI’s, in line with those agreed with the Regional Sales Manager
You will be fully CeMAP qualified with whole of market experience and a proven track record of working in a similar role. You will also have in-depth knowledge of FCA regulatory framework, as well as FCS T&C regime and the UK Mortgage Market.
You will be a resilient and self-motivated individual who is wanting to develop their skills and experience further, whilst being results driven. You will be reporting to the Regional Sales Manager and relish the prospect of selling a broad portfolio of mortgage associated products on an advised basis to both the Police and Military markets that they serve.
Our client provides a great working environment together with a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented with excellent benefits, including; life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role, then please apply now!
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.