Working on behalf of a firm of Award-winning Financial Advisers, we are seeking an experienced, qualified Paraplanner to be based in their London office.
Our client are a UK-Wide group with offices throughout the country and provide specialist financial planning advice and investment services to businesses, charities, individuals and their families.
Working as a Paraplanner in the London office, you will be joining a team of 6 Paraplanners, supporting around 20 Private Client Partners. You will be carrying out high quality research on the full range of financial planning products and be required to write detailed and bespoke reports that are specifically tailored to the client’s requirements, whilst also liaising with Product Providers, keeping abreast of new products and developments. Duties associated with the role will include, but not be limited to:
- To have a thorough understanding of the Company’s advice process, Strategy and Suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales
- To understand each client’s circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate
- Prepare analysis of client’s existing portfolio/holdings
- Conducting research and produce client facing Strategy Reports to facilitate business writing opportunities
- Prepare research, quotations and high-quality discussion documents for client meetings
- Dealing with client and provider correspondence (as part of the research and reporting process)
- To deliver a personalised and high-quality service to Partners.
- Liaise with colleagues, Compliance and Bankhall to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Input all client information into the back-office system and ensure all tasks are recorded and acted upon within the agreed timescales. Ensure client history is maintained.
- Provide regular updates to the Partners on the progress of their cases so that they feel in control and can manage client expectations.
- Develop working relationships with product providers.
- Understand workflow and be able to deliver and report against various tasks, ensuring all concerned parties can easily review case status.
- Work closely with other Paraplanners / Advisers to share ideas and best practice, including assisting the Practice Manager with all aspects of a good customer experience and identify any improvements that can be made.
- To participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
We are seeking someone for this role who is at least Level 4 qualified and has previous experience within a similar role, having conducted technical research and written bespoke reports as well as having good knowledge of pre and post retirement scenarios, including pensions transfers and investments and taxation.
You will be an articulate individual, able to understand the Partners’ requirements and obtain information on clients’ existing financial arrangements. You will be professional and able to liaise with colleagues and clients’ of all level, both over the phone and face to face.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Paraplanner to join a highly successful and reputable practice who are constantly adapting and changing to the ever-changing market, always putting their clients as their main priority.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.