We are seeking a Senior Investment Adviser for a leading wealth management practice based in Sutton Coldfield.
Our client believes in straight forward, sound and expert financial advice and specialise in investments and pensions with HNW clients. They have been awarded the British Standard BS8577 for Financial Planning and Advice since 2013, a highly recognised award that only 67 UK intendent firms met in 2016.
Working as Senior Investment Adviser, you will be assisting the Managing Director in giving sound, independent Financial Advice to clients, providing guidance to professional associates, and being collaborative member of the advice team.
- Duties of the Senior Investment Adviser will include, but not be limited to:
- Review existing client investment portfolios, generally on a six-monthly basis.
- Follow up potential client enquiries and meetings in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Discuss our wealth management service to potential clients or referrers by telephone or face-to-face.
- Taking responsibility for the client journey from initial enquiry through portfolio construction, transfer of funds and on-going review.
- Prepare and update client files, with accurate file notes and documents.
- Contribute to the sharing of knowledge amongst the whole team.
- Undertake continuing professional development and maintain a training log.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our processes and systems.
- Continuously seek ways to improve our client service.
- Run seminars and deliver professional presentations, alongside Helen.
- Attend appropriate networking functions to ensure we are ‘top of mind’ for our existing connections and forge relationships with new connections.
To be considered for the role, you will hold the following:
- An appropriate Level 4 Financial Adviser qualification (e.g. CII or London Institute of Banking & Finance) as a minimum.
- You must be prepared to study for advanced qualifications to meet any specific requirements of our business, such as pension transfers.
- In-depth working knowledge of pensions and investment solutions, terminology and processes.
- The ability to quickly analyse and interpret complex financial information and client situations in order to arrive at possible financial advice solutions.
- Registration with the Financial Conduct Authority as an Independent Financial Advis
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English and be highly numerate.
- A high level of computer literacy to be able to operate all the company’s systems software efficiently.
- At least 10 years relevant experience within a financial advice environment – with at least half of this specifically within a firm of independent financial advisers, directly looking after clients and being responsible for their pension and investment portfolios.
- A desire to study and learn new skills and qualifications to enhance your role as an Investment Adviser.
You will be a resilient team player with a great sense of humour.
Only suitable applicants need apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is seeking a fantastic, successful and professional practice, where full support is offered, excellent benefits and a great working environment.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.