We are seeking an experienced Investment Paraplanner for a leading wealth management practice based in Sutton Coldfield.
Our client believes in straight forward, sound and expert financial advice and specialise in investments and pensions with HNW clients. They have been awarded the British Standard BS8577 for Financial Planning and Advice since 2013, a highly recognised award that only 67 UK intendent firms met in 2016.
Working as Paraplanner, you will be reporting to the Operations Director, responsible for preparing complex suitability reports and carry out associated administration for the firm’s Investment Adviser’s. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Drafting client suitability reports for pensions and investments (not templated) that adhere to company style while addressing individual requirements.
- Researching and analysing products, providers, and funds.
- Producing pension and investment projections.
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of taxation, Trusts, and estate planning.
- Compliance checks on client files in consultation with Operations Manager and the company’s compliance consultants.
- Keeping accurate daily records on the progress of client cases.
- Ensuring that Investment Advisers have timely reports for client meetings.
- Providing information on our services to clients enquiring by ‘phone or email.
- Reporting progress to the team daily and at weekly workflow meetings.
- Answering enquiries via telephone, e-mail, and website.
- Preparing and keeping up-to-date client files with accurate file notes.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of company processes.
- In-depth working knowledge of pensions & investments, processes and legislation.
- Highly computer literate with ability to quickly adapt to new systems and software.
- Excellent numeracy for complex calculations on client portfolios.
- First class level of accuracy in interpreting client and company correspondence.
- Writing suitability reports to reflect the language used by the Investment Advisers.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get on with everyone while being strong with product providers and suppliers.
- Receptive to instruction and training with the ability to learn swiftly and grow through self-study and continuous professional development.
- Level 4 Financial Planning Diploma or equivalent.
- Good standard of general education – highly numerate and with an excellent standard of written English.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual who is seeking a secure and progressive role with a very well established and highly reputable firm.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.