We are requiring an Experienced Upholstery Sewing Machinist for a local, small but very busy and successful contract furniture manufacturer in Gainsborough.
We are working on behalf of a highly reputable furniture manufacturer that has seen its order book treble in the last year, producing quality batch and bespoke furniture for offices, retail food outlets, hotels, churches and universities.
As Sewing Machinist, you will have good knowledge of different types of seams and fabric types, and be able to produce high quality work at an acceptable rate of output. Main duties will include:
- Operating a range of industrial and semi industrial sewing machines, including twin needle machine is an essential requirement for this role
- Assisting with the cutting out of fabrics to patterns
- Assisting colleagues with gluing and foaming would be an advantage
- Good time keeping and punctuality is expected
- Immediately report all discovered damage or faults in components, or finished product, to the upholstery supervisor
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers
- Maintain high standard of factory cleanliness and housekeeping
- Report all accidents/incidents immediately
- Follow all safety rules, regulations and procedures
A flexible attitude is sought along with a practical hands-on approach, and a team player in this busy, but small factory environment. Sewing Machinery experience also is essential for the role.
This is a permanent role working Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.